View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 01:40 PM
toddpedersen
Regular 'Geeker

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android Market...server problems?

FYI, not sure if you should consider your "softreset" instructions as a true softreset, as all your doing is powering the phone off, then on again. Which technically does a softreset, but in two steps.

In my opinion, a true softreset is one that automatically reboots the phone with one process.

The EVO has that built in. It is rather cumbersome, but if you old both volume buttons down at the same time you press and hold the normal power button, after about 5 seconds, the phone will reboot on its own, WITHOUT having to press the power button again.

Personal preference I guess.

Not hating, just helping out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzboiz View Post
Soft reset hold the top button and turn off device. the hold top button to turn on device.

Hard reset: Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
Hold the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button
You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button
Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.