View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Will7272
PPCGeeks Regular

Will7272 is keeping up the good workWill7272 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272
Angry This is pissing me off...

I rarely post but this is ridiculous.

In today's age of 1Ghz processors on cell phones and the multitude of other things that phones are capable of, it just baffles me that Google, Microsoft, and other OS makers can't see the frustration that power users have with random applications starting up.....and applications not closing when you ask them to. Excuse my ignorance but when I manually kill an app on my pc, it won't restart unless it's a virus of some sort. I just don't get why it's so ****ing hard just accomplish this simple task. Stop trying to impress me with screen sizes, processor speed, ram, and all the other "phone candy" that I can't use because my battery is dying faster than it should. I can't be the only one frustrated by this. It's 2010 and companies that make OS's can't fix this simple problem. It's just not logical. I read in another thread that Froyo will use applications when it needs to and shut them down when they done. I call bull****. I see no reason for Amazon mp3, Sprint Navigation, and Shop Savvy to be running on my phone while I'm sitting at my desk at work.

I heard that Startup Auditor did a fairly good job and helping control applications' rogue behavior. What is working for you guys?

I love my Evo but damn Google....fix this obvious problem in Gingerbread, Hostess Cream, Sugar Lips, or whatever else you brand your next OS. I left my TP2 for Evo thinking Google would do it the "right" way. I'm impressed by what I've seen but closing an app and keeping it closed, disable random apps from starting on their own like viruses, and memory management should be as simple as "cut and paste". Maybe hire some people from XDA. We as users know what we works and what doesn't. Find out what's ***ed up and fix it. It's that simple.