View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 12:33 PM
MacWilder
PPCGeeks Regular

MacWilder is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool International Data-New Sprint Plan

On July 11, Sprint abruptly canceled it's international data plan, under which it provided unlimited international data for about $2.00 a day. That was a fabulous offer.
However, in canceling the plans, Sprint left its international data customers exposed to literally unlimited charges. (One Sprint customer claimed he ran up an $11,000 charge in two weeks in Mexico.)
I have just learned "semi-officially" that Sprint tends to address this problem with a new plan that will be introduced on August 25. I don't know all the details, but they include setting a limit on international data usage; sending text messages informing the users as 25%, 50%, and 75% of that limit is used; and then blocking usage beyond 100% of that limit. To use more than that limit, the user must call Sprint international and request that the block be lifted. (That is a free call).
I don't know the limit, and I don't know if there will be any discounts that would impact the breathtakingly expensive $0.016/KB charge that Sprint currently levies for GSM data usage. (The average web page these days contains about 500kb according to is.gd/e2tjg, which means it would cost about $8.00 to to view EACH page.)