View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Sharkie405
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

I've recently added Windows Live to my ROM via leaving it in the SYS folder. I'm having trouble getting rid of the Windows Live and Messenger Icons that it's placing in my start menu. I have made duplicate links in the folders where I want these icons to be, but I can't get rid of the original ones.

I made my duplicate links by adding

Code:
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Communications"):-File("Messenger.lnk","\Windows\WLMMessenger.lnk")
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet"):-File("Windows Live.lnk","\Windows\WLMLauncher.lnk")
to an app.dat in an EXT.I thought this usually removed the link from wherever it natively is positioned. I've also tried removing the shortcut files for these two all together, but then I get no .lnks anywhere.

Is there a different trick to moving or getting rid of SYS icons all together? Do I need to make that afore mentioned edit into a different format like initflashfiles, or RGU or something else that will work in a SYS?

And one more time, just so it doesn't get overlooked as this issue is killing me...

On a seprate note, My 2nd theory on my dialer issues (the cprog.exe theory was a bust) is that it's is my volume package (Volume Control 2.2.2012.1229.00). Anyone ever had any issues with the dialer when using this package?

I've compared the volume directory and my phone canvas directory and can't find any reason as to why the volume package is messing with the dialer. I've done numerous test all night and I'm 99% sure it's the volume package.

What volume control is everyone else using?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-03-2010 at 12:26 PM.