View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 09:34 PM
cxi
N00b

cxi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I'd imagine the failure to boot has to do with something sitting in that unaddressable space when the handover to linux happens.
One of the common themes in RAPH500 ROM flashing has been to hard reset before AND after putting a new ROM on. That might be related to the left over junk and it could be related to the fact that putting a new ROM on fixes things in Android. If the ROM in question does a better job of overwriting all memory maybe it cleans up better and it's not necessarily the change in the RAM in use that helped? As I pointed out earlier, I can boot with nearly all RAM in use on my Verizon RAPH500, as expected since HARET is doing a kernel swap. I can barely run a second program in WinMo with the ROM I have, I have to run things one at a time, so I'm sure I'm pretty taxed when it comes to RAM! Android runs fairly slow after it fully boots. I sometimes have to wait 5-10 seconds for it to catch up, but then it'll run ok for a while. Is that normal on this device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
On another note, I use the built-in power control widget to toggle wifi, and it does all I need. I've used other toggle widgets, and they don't seem to provide any further functionality.
So, I'm a little lost on this one. When I boot Android my WiFi shows as disabled. Is this thread basically saying the phone is lying to me and it's actually on? Do I need to toggle it "on" then "off" again to get it to really be off?

Thanks