View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.0 | FroYo | *Updated | 7/31/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
I've seen a link posted here & there. What is being presently downloaded is an update...not a full rom. It is to update folks with 2.1 (not us that have a 2.2 rom). That's what HTC meant in their tweet:

I'm certain OMJ and the rest of the talented devs will piece it all together long before HTC send something out "to get us back on the official (and probably unroot you, too) track".

So patience to those using this ROM or any other. I seriously doubt much has changed from .1 or .3 to the new .6. But we shall see in a day...or two (at the longest).
Well I have a slightly different take.
To me the Twitter message meant that those with the pre-release would not see (or be able to install) the OTA update as their devices "think" they already got it. We (rooters) wouldn't want that OTA or any other that HTC could be working on. There's nothing for us rooters to "wait for".
It not being a full ROM is no biggie IMO. I agree that we'll see some new stuff soon.
Not saying your wrong, just discussing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
When you say your camera to work? Do you mean full 8mp work or still 3mp cap?...

If you got full 8mp then I'm gonna wipe and re wipe just to make sure and reinstall the kernel again.. Let me know.. Im curious..
I meant work period since I was FCing all over the place when trying to run the camera. The only way for it to work with the kernel is 3MP. But now that the real deal is out this could all be moot.