View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:06 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.0 | FroYo | *Updated | 7/31/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Perhaps we should investigate this a bit more before making it permanent. I did the change and verified it.

What I found was (this is my only test) that Yahoo Music Radio would not stream. I was getting an exception "station not available" for any station. After I restored stagefright to "true" the app streamed everything with no problems.

My guess is Yahoo is newer, thus has incorporated the changes made in Froyo streaming. I haven't tried Slacker but it was revised just 8 days ago. Pandora hasn't upgraded since early June...which could explain their poor sound.
well, maybe this will come down to leaving the setting to true, and let the user change if need

thx for testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmurray View Post
I can confirm voice dialing with bluetooth works.
I'm using a jawbone hero.
I'm not using the custom kernel, just OMJ's latest. I like 8 megapixel and can do without wifi tether for a night.
I'm guessing tomorrow OMJ, you will have your download record beaten with your next release.=D>
lol, hold the phone sparky....nothing like alittle pressure, lol

1st, Sprint/HTC said the update would be the week of 8/1, it may not happen tomorrow.

when it does come, I cannot pull the OTA from the air & do anything w/ it....the update.zip is needed or preferably the actual RUU. If a RUU appears, I can cook right away. If it's a similar update.zip that was pre-released, then I have to wait for someone like Netarchy to convert to a full ROM, as the update was only patching....I was having trouble working w/ the pre-release update, until netarchy converted to a rooted ROM.

but then again, I'll have to look at the files to determine what is needed....but need that file 1st