View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 01:52 AM
AzMan33
Lurker

AzMan33 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6/8/09 FIRMWARE UPDATE: Verizon GPS Unlocked

I finally figured it out. I was able to unlock it and then flash the original Verizon WM6.1 with the NFSFAN's ROM 6.5. And after resetting, I found I really liked the feel of the WM6.5. But it had some issues. Like Heavy Heavy Lag. Particularly when using Text messaging. I tried it for a just a day. Until i was fed up with the lag. So i thought i should try a different Rom. The one I chose this time was EmpiRom 6.5. Again, I really liked the feel of the 6.5 version. However, this one came with its own set of issues as well. Although not as bad as NFSFAN's. The trouble im having with this one is, It leaves me with very little System memory. So everytime i start a program, A System Warning pops up Saying im out of Memory, and asks if i want to close some programs. When i hit yes, it opens up and there is usually nothing listed as running. But when i hit no, it closes the program i was trying to start before the message popped up.

Now my new question for you is, Is there something i can do to get these Roms functioning as they should. Or, Is there a Lighter weighted Rom that would work better? And is the "Out of Memory" warning happening because the original Rom was WM6.1 and ill equipped for the WM6.5 version? Also, If so, Do i need to flash back the the original Verizon WM6.1, Or is there a decent Custom 6.1 Rom that you would reccommend?

Thanks in advance
Michael

Last edited by AzMan33; 08-02-2010 at 01:57 AM.