View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 12:49 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | for n00b's with vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmail View Post
I have finished rooting the phone, but I cannot find out how to put a ROM on the phone. I have done this tons of time with WM 6.5, but just can't understand the process, naming of the files, etc. please point me in the right direction.
thanks!
Which root process did you do?
This tutorial tells you how to flash a ROM. What are you having trouble with? What ROM are you trying to install?
Most ROM's come in a flashable zip file. You put it on your card. Boot into Recovery and there will be a Menu option about flashing a zip (exact menu wording depends which Recovery you are running). Select the zip you want and your golden.
Some ROMs may be in the PC36IMG file format then you use that the same way you used that file format during the root process. Put it on your card and boot into bootloader and let your device read the file.