View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 05:16 PM
kaelum
Lurker

kaelum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EmpiROM - Featuring TellMe & WM6.5.1 - Fast, Stable, Sleek. For Touch Pro.

Tried this out on my Verizon TP and everything seemed to work fine except the GPS. Quick GPS connects and downloads fine, but no other app is able to lock with a satellite. I tried all of the GPS fixes I know of (like ||boreds|| GPS fix), but none worked and after installing any of my verizon cabs the start menu list of programs became unusable - the icons won't scroll properly and all blur together to become illegible. Other weird things also began to happen like wallpaper disappearing.

And yes, I did hard reset and even reverted back to a stock VZ rom and then reflashed back... The kicker is that if I just leave it as is and don't install any cabs after the initial flash, then it appears stable and no bugs are obvious.

This is a shame because until I got to testing GPS I was really excited for this. The ROM is very quick even on Verizon's limited resource TP. Has all the basics I look for, and opera is extremely fast compared to many other roms.

If anyone can share insight on tweaking this ROM for use with VZ GPS it would be greatly appreciated. If not, well, the hunt continues...