View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 09:56 PM
smitty7002
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

smitty7002 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Using a HTC Touch Pro2 on AT&T GoPhone (prepaid) Network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesscoggin View Post
You probably don’t want to be broadcasting those numbers all over the intertubes......
The link will lead you to a download of the unlocker software developed by cmonex and olipro. It will allow you to run the program on you computer, connect throuh active sync, and unlock the spl to flash custom roms developed by the numerous fabulous chefs around these and other parts.
the sim unlock process is similar.

Check in the TP2 upgrades section in the stickies at the top of the TP2 forums...

READ READ READ READ absolutely everything if you are unfamiliar with flashing ppcs. You can totally mess up your device if you don't. Understand exactly what you are doing before you jump into this boat. No one around here will take responsibility if you brick your phone. Just follow the instructions to the letter and you should be fine.
that's why i replaced some of the letters/numbers with "_" haha. i'll look in about flashing software, i dont really wanna do all of this if i only need to call em up haha. but no harm in looking into it.

..umm ok so where is this IMEI number? i cant find it, those two didnt work on cmonex's site...and i obviously can't call #06#...should i just go to customer care and ask for this "IMEI number" and after that the sim unlock code (it's universal for any sim rite? it just makes the phone unlocked). if i dont get the sim unlock code i should then use cmonex's website.

i looked up all these rom flashes, is that all necessary? like the one featured here, i would need to do this after SIM unlock just so i can use the US-GSM carriers?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4850772

once again, sorry for all the questions this im a big PPC noob that's y i joined to get educated

edit: nvm found the IMEI number, gonna give verizon a call in the mornnig from my landline, try get that sim unlock code, if that doesn't work...gonna pay the website hopefully that works. after that do i need to still flash any software to get my at&t gophone sim card worknig in it?

Last edited by smitty7002; 07-29-2010 at 10:50 PM.