Tannerj
PPCGeeks Regular

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Tanner...don't worry, we all had to learn.

You flashed using "Simple Root". A lot of us did. As I said, you missed having to flash a Recovery after you obtained root.

First off, read my post right above: Download Rom Manager and "Flash Clockwork Recovery". That should open the door to let you flash away.

Use 1.7 with OTA's as Simple Root takes you back before the OTA's.. After you flash the recovery, flash the 1.7 w/OTA's then pick whichever ROM you like (1.9 version) and flash away.
Vegasden,

I have tried to download (market) rom manager times however every time I do when I run it and select anything on there it ask me to confirm my phone model I select HTC Evo (CMDA) (only 1 there to select) the next message keeps telling me "An error occured while attempting to run privileged command". it does nothing after that.

Iknowsquat,

I just figured that part out. so now my question is what do i need to do now. Am I fully rooted or do I need to start as if I never had 1.47.651.1 and start from scratch or do I skip to the eng-pc36Img.zip part of the rooting steps?

thanks... Tannerj
thanks for your help.