View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
OMJ,

Ok I am a noob when it comes to android so I apologize if I sound stupid, but I was under the impression that OTA was the 1.47.651.1 version. I am so confused now. also it was program that I downloaded and now I am at work so I cannot remember were I got it from. but it is a program that all you have to do is click on 4 different buttons and it roots your phone for you. I remember the website talked about a new version which is the 1 I downloaded and it worked. I get the pound sign (#) when I type the su command through adb or adb-windows.

Also if you don't think I am able to upgrade with this version what is OTA and what are you talking about on the 1 posted when you explain "*** If you have not flashed v1.7 w/ the OTA updates (ROM1) or equivalent, you must flash it 1st!!" I have not done this yet, but again I thought I already have the OTA updates..

Please help I am trying to learn, but it is not as easy as I thought it would be... sorry I am such an idiot when it comes to android OS.

thanks again... Jarrod
When you use Simple root it knocks you BACK from 1.47 to 1.17. You do need to get updated to the latest OTA. You may have missed a step as Vegasden suggests. Simple root SHOULD have set you up with the correct Recovery image. Read Vegasdens (about ROM Manager) and Zone23s posts and you should be all set.

@jelive-My guess is the kernal, flash the stock one (linked in netarchys thread) and see if it helps. The theme SHOULDN'T effect batt life as its cosmetic changes. I'm on a similar set up and my vary appears ok.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-29-2010 at 12:42 PM.