Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Tannerj
PPCGeeks Regular

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

[QUOTE=OMJ;

which root method did u use? anyone know if u can even get full root from stock 1.47.651.1?[/QUOTE]

OMJ,

Ok I am a noob when it comes to android so I apologize if I sound stupid, but I was under the impression that OTA was the 1.47.651.1 version. I am so confused now. also it was program that I downloaded and now I am at work so I cannot remember were I got it from. but it is a program that all you have to do is click on 4 different buttons and it roots your phone for you. I remember the website talked about a new version which is the 1 I downloaded and it worked. I get the pound sign (#) when I type the su command through adb or adb-windows.

Also if you don't think I am able to upgrade with this version what is OTA and what are you talking about on the 1 posted when you explain "*** If you have not flashed v1.7 w/ the OTA updates (ROM1) or equivalent, you must flash it 1st!!" I have not done this yet, but again I thought I already have the OTA updates..

Please help I am trying to learn, but it is not as easy as I thought it would be... sorry I am such an idiot when it comes to android OS.

thanks again... Jarrod