View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Vegasden
Regular 'Geeker

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
Ok I am getting frustrated. Most results show up as how to root the evo. I have rooted the phone. I know this by the pound sign "#" when I type "su" in the adb-windows shell.

Could someone point me in the right direction to flash to a rom on my EVO. I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks...tannerj
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
t
anyone know if u can even get full root from stock 1.47.651.1?
TannerJ: It sounds like you missed one step in Simple Root....flashing a recovery.
After you did the simple root process you were supposed to:
Quote:
Click the Extras Menu and select Flash recovery. Then select the Recovery of your choice.
Try this: Go to Market and download Rom Manager. After you install, open the program and at the top you'll see "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". Press that to execute and wait until it's done.

Now, right under that line is one that says "Reboot into Recovery". See if you can now get into recovery and have the ability to flash a zip from the SD Card.

You also see in Rom Manager, the ability to download a new ROM and flash it right from ROM Manager. It's handy.

OMJ: I have read it doesn't matter whether you have a shipped 1.47 or OTA 1.47....Simple Root will use the same exploit.