View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 PM
lipidfats
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Preparing Touch Pro2 for Trip to Japan, need advice...

I'll be heading to Japan soon and I'm interested in using my TP2 there. I'll just need it to make and receive calls with people in Japan already. Anyway, I'm a little confused as to what I need to do in order to prepare the device.

From what I've seen from discussions over the past 8 or 9 months, it's cheaper to just put in a Japanese prepaid SIM card than use international sprint service, correct? So I'm thinking I'll go with that route, however, do i have to do anything special, like call sprint to get the sim unlocked or anything of that nature? Or unlock it through one of the hacking options here (from my understanding that's just if you want to use a U.S. sim).

Also, if anyone's actually used their tp2 in Japan, please let me know your experience with prepaid sims (where to buy, suggested carrier, any issues, do they have data sims, does texting work, etc).

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by lipidfats; 07-28-2010 at 03:19 PM.