View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 08:15 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.9 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboX2 View Post
Yea i just realized that.. i need food, cant think right now

But i think i figured it out.. apparently i need to flash a rooted 1.32 version before flashing to the non-rooted 1.47 according to here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=unroot

and my usb port works while i have weight on it.. i kno its dangerous
You could try that since it worked for that user but there are numerous factors that can effect your ability to unroot.
For example I tried over a dozen attempts on my Win7 machine and nothing worked. Then I went rooted 1.47 to unrooted 1.47 via the 1.47 RUU I linked you on my Vista machine in one shot. Despite downloading drivers numerous times I assume that's where my issue was.
Some advise that if you get errors, dont touch your device just keep trying...up to 5 or 6 attempts.
Some also adivse being in bootloader or fastboot to get the RUU to go.
Good luck.
EDIT-good point about unrelated topic (OMJ is cool so dont sweat it) If you need further assistance PM me or jump over th FastRX8's root thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...28#post1886028

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-27-2010 at 08:18 PM.