View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 01:46 PM
bignadad
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼Quickest, Most Customizable Mani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaudou View Post
Umm, how come I don't have a connection setup o.O ROM flashed perfectly, it's running INSANELY fast, but for some reason, everything that needs data connection immediately after trying to update anything (i.e. weather, QuickGPS, etc.) it says Unable to get data... I went to Comm manager, and i have to like, set up my data connection... any help?
EDIT: I fixed it, I just set up a new modem connection with the exact settings I always saw it in, it's working now. Big, this ROM is insane.. I've never used a ROM that looks so beautiful and stunning, yet running this fast and smooth. This ROM is definitely a keeper!! Keep 'em comin' Big!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnuts5423 View Post
Perhaps you could elaberate more. Im on the 21909 uscc version. and i have no internet. And i dont see an existing connection to even see the settings of, but if i try and add a new connection named "my connection" it says that a connection already exists. What setting should i be playing with? ive always nexted right through the settings and its always worked before. but i have no existing connection to see
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaudou View Post
I'm using the newest 23563 build, and it didn't show that I had any connections setup, so I went to my connection settings, hit "Add a new modem connection" and I left the "enter name" and "select modem" at their defaults (My Connection 1 and Cellular Line), then I put in for the number for it to dial as #777 I don't know why that, but everytime I viewed my connections stuff that's what it was, and then the next screen I put in the password box my phone number, or MSID number, and left the other two boxes blank. After a bit my connection started up. Hope this helps!!
All of you are on USCC right? Are the other carries connections setup? on my device they are there....

Must have missed something on the USCC verison

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona283 View Post

One quick question - I am using the analog clock on my primary home screen but I do not see a difference between clock1 and clock2, or am I missing something
i have enabled dual clocks by default just to have an extra clock on the right panel. To use this as a dual clock for another city/country you must select a new city...click the clock on right panel... then set your current location back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Thanks but it is still giving me the same problem. When incoming mail server starts it asks for my password I enter it and save it.

Then it continues to loggon until I get the message

"Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your email account settings are correct. Then, Try to download messages again"

This is getting really frusterating. Does this happen to anyone else? Is anyone elses email working. Is there anything I can do?
Not sure of the problem here. i do not have a yahoo account to test.. can anyone else confirm this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
Big,

Just a few comments regarding the latest USCC release. This has been mentioned before, but the default internet connection isnt setup, but it was in the previous release. I know this is easily fixed by adding one, but me thinks it may have just slipped by you. The default server for MMS isnt set to USCC, once again I know its also easily fixed but worked off gate in the previous release. Another suggestion would be to nix PHM registry editor. Unless Im just slow ive yet to see the import button activated for me to use it. A registry editor that cant import is useless IMHO.FDC taskmanager, which was also in the previous release is much better. Other than that great ROM big.
already commented on inet connection... not sure why MMS isnt there.. i put the setting in the registry... PHM reg editor works great for me... never needed to import... will look into... did'nt change the taskmanager or are you referring to the one that launches by pressing and holding start button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBDivisions View Post
I cant recieve or send MMS on verizon.. Im getting a popup window about "Connectiong to get MM message may disconnect you from " blah blah (it went off the screen), even tho i say Yes to get the message, it Fails..

Anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCMotor View Post
Goto MMS Options, CDMA Servers, Select Verizon Wireless and set as default. That fixed it for me.
This was setup correctly on my device without having to edit cdma server.. not sure why its not defaulting.. will look into..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Bignadad,

Your new rom doesn't have your slider graphics you had in your previous rom. Is there a reason for it.

I really loved it!

btw, im using sprint 23569
i did not alter them.... i dont think

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchill View Post
Ok I love this rom but im having trouble updating my status on fb am i missing something? I will be thankful for any help!!
where are you trying to update from? tab or application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtalgoddess View Post
I love the colorful bubble text messaging but it takes a lot of steps to get there. Or, when I respond to a text, I sometimes get the black and white version of the bubble.

Is there anyway I can bypass the extra steps to get to the cool bubbled texts?

Also, when I get new text or email, I have to go to home then go back to the messaging again before I can read it. I know this was an issue before and was resolved by Max but it's happening to me again.
okay... the colored bubble are WinMo Messaging and the black/white are HTC messaging...
if you click new message on message tab it will bring up WinMo..
if you click actual message on message tab it will bring up HTC
if you click ALL messages on message tab it will bring up WinMo
If you are looking at a contact in HTC peope and want to slide to messages it will take you to HTC message....

WinMo message client is default BUT HTC messaging is still there and has to be used from HTC People slider...

i will have to see why the tab is not auto updating new messages..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBDivisions View Post
Is anyone having issues Deleting SMS or MMS messages? Every time i delete them from either of the last 2 roms, MaxSense or Manila stops responding and never comes back up.. I can hit the start button, get to the start menu, anything else seems to work, but i can not get back to the home screen.. From either WinMo Messaging OR Sense Messaging... VERY Frustrating.. I have to soft reboot using PSSoftXP every time.. This is using the 6.5.x (Forget the #)
not happening here.. i know that if you are in HTC message client it will not let you delete them.. have to be in WinMo message client which is default...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinberk View Post
Big-
In your 7-25 ROM update (post #2), you wrote, "removed notification enhancement (no need with maxsense controlling notifications)"

I've been using PhoneAlarm (from pocketmax - www.pocketmax.net) for many years. It's great. The most important feature is allowing you to have repeating notifications - so if a reminder alarm sounds, it can repeat until I shut it up.

It also has profiles which is quite useful. At night, for example, I don't want audible email notifications but I do want the phone to ring and for text messages to make a sound. It's simple with PhoneAlarm, just set a night profile to silence ONLY the email. In the car, make everything louder and turn on bluetooth, at home only activesync every 15 minutes and use my fun sounding ringer, but at work change the sound of the ringer to a simple beep and activesync using push. It's all possible with profiles.

I've been having sporadic trouble with phoneAlarm with your rom though - and others that use senseui. Sometimes notiations just don't sound at all, especially new text messages. I'll see if this 7-25 rom helps, but I'm wondering if there's a way to also STOP maxsense from managing notifications and leave it to Windows Mobile (which will almost certainly let phonealarm take over).

Thoughts?

Anyone else out there using PhoneAlarm with this rom? Other solutions?

Thanks
let me think about this a bit.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinberk View Post
Using the 7-25 rom, I boot with about 85mb free, before any customization. That's great.

I (have to) use Exchange with PUSH activesync. I know this isn't great for battery life, but I still get about a day out of the device. I sync the last month's worth of email, first 5kb of each message, attachements downloaded manually.

Once I configure activesync, I drop down to about 30mb free, then as I use outlook it goes down to 2-3mb free at times.

Is there a way to have activesync run, but not always have outlook running using up all that ram?

Performance is OK.

Thanks
not sure about this.. never needed to use an exchange server....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
Phone just soft locked. I took a call. Then an SMS came in while I was on the phone. I pressed "end" and the phone just froze. Notification light blinking. Showing I was still on a call but there was no one there. I called my phone and it just rang. Nothing from the phone to show an incoming call.
let me try to duplicate this on my device and see what happens... 23569 right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
Is there a way to turn off the colorful foo foo sms?
should be.. let me see if i can produce a cab

This post has been thanked 1 times.