View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 02:28 AM
[sammich]
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Doodle jump2 game

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelio rios View Post
2) Yes Lima Sky had copywritten doodlejump ,as long as its freeware it will be no problem. If you try to make money off of it then there will be problems.
Not tryin' to be a stickler, but that doesn't matter. I'm warning you because something like this can get you sued very easily.

Think about it this way:

If I designed a new operating system and named it "Mac OS" and released it for free, do you think Apple would sue me? Of course they would.

It's not a matter of making money off of it, its a matter of using a trademark in a manner that is not authorized by the holder. It dilutes the name of the app if it is utilized by others.

I STRONGLY urge you to change the name, because new companies especially like to flex their rights when it comes to brand identification.

Here's a similar example of just how crazy companies can get about matters like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_vs._MikeRoweSoft