View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 12:11 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk0007 View Post
New to the forum and I apologize if this has already been discussed but I haven't had the time to read all posts.

I am wondering if rooting causes any issues with 4G? I want to root my phone but not if 4G won't work after.

Thanks for any responses!
Root should not effect 4G. I dont have 4G but with root I was able to update my files correctly so that when it comes to my area I'll be ready. I've read NUMEROUS posts of happily rooted 4G users. You'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy2walgreens View Post
I see the options for like a second. Then it automatically goes into hboot, then it scans for files and asks if i would like to upgrade PC36.IMG. I don't have a chance to select the other options
You can just Say No to the update and you'll be back at the Menu options.
Once you root you need to rename or remove the PC36IMG file so you dont deal with this exact issue everytime you boot into bootloader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiehawk View Post
I put the files on I have turned phone off I started the phone and NOTHING. Why don't I get the option "TO START UPDATE"? I simply go back to the menu that shows up before the card is read. My card also gets read very fast. Maybe took 3 or 4 secs.
Please list you software version and what exact step you're on, makes it much easier to figure out how to help you.
BUT I think I may know your issue. You either started with the wrong step-if your software is 1.47 you need to start with Root after OTA 1.47 (Step #5) or your PC36IMG file did not download correctly. They need to be @ 170MB in size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielt14 View Post
@iknowsquat
Sorry didnt mean to confuse you. but, yeah i want to go back to the RA way, i like that one. seems easy for me. I tried what you said and its grayed out. seems not available for me. any ideas? thanks.
Well you need to flash Clockwork first then you'll have that option at the bottom to flash RA.
Curious- if you didnt already flash Clockwork then how did you get it as a recovery image?