View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:40 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Captivate reception problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofaba View Post
Okay, well I think you're really splitting hairs here. Would you enjoy having a 0.04mbps connection?

Let me put it this way: in other videos that I've seen, people are cupping and holding the phone every which way, sometimes using two hands, to try and drop the signal a tiny bit just to prove that the antenna is being affected. All I had to do was put my hand over the back and I dropped to zero. Then I gripped the phone, admittedly tighter than usual, and tanked the reception again.

My question to you is "can YOU tank your reception twice in 12 seconds? And if not, wouldn't you say that's a problem for the Captivate?"
Well lets look at it this way..the FCC passed a REGULATION required all the latest phones to have an antenna on the bottom..when an Antenna is on the bottom..signal loss prevention is not possible...

But the point here is that 0 would still not drop your phone calls like it does on an iphone 4...In the end you were on a 2-3 bars on the test...that means you had a weak connection to begin with and added more interference..people on the iphone 4 had 5 bars drop to 0 and lost calls...

As you said you don't hold the captivate that tight normally..now for the iphone 4 all you have to do is place your finger on the antenna and it tanks...so you have to be careful how you hold it..this is because the antenna is on the outside instead of the inside...

Apple makes those commercial to confuse people into thinking it is an issue with loosing bars..but the real issue is not the loosing of the bars as is it going completely dead...it is a related but different issue

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)