View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecrx7 View Post
Ok finally figured it out and finished rooting and flashing last night. Took a couple of hours but I got it done. For some odd reason the original SimpleRoot OTA 1.47.651.1 Edition zip I downloaded wouldn't work, I couldn't even start step one. So I deleted all the associated files and downloaded the mirror version and it worked like a charm. Not sure what the problem was. I would like to know if anyone has an idea why the original didn't work.
Just a guess but your first download was incomplete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkln2007 View Post
hey buddy im having some problems with step 5H) when i typed it says "adb-windows" is not a recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file. please help
How is you phone connected? Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielt14 View Post
So Rom Manager works with ClockworkMod well i tried flashing through the NAND and now its Clockwork. Is that the same or different? What is Better? I liked the NAND. It was fun to show off to others. Any help thanks.
So if I read you right, then you flashed Clockwork from within ROM Manager?
I think you have your terms a bit confused. The two common Recoveries are amon RA Recovery and ClockwordMod Recovery. They are essentially the same. Personally I prefer amon RA.
Nand is the backup that you do in amon RA Recovery. Clockwork does a backup too, again, essentially the same as amon.
If you want to switch back to amon RA Recovery scroll down to the bottom of ROM Manager and select Flash Alternate Recovery. You can select amon from there.