View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 04:29 PM
ckeegan
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To Droid 2, or not to Droid 2; that is the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Pretty interesting... The Droid 2 will be launching on August 12th at Verizon http://gizmodo.com/5591941/droid-2-l...-r2+d2-edition

I am so anxious to get a new phone... I guess the Touch Pro 2 is great, or good enough to get me through until a truly powerful mind-bending phone is released from Verizon running Android 2.2+ out of the box with the aforementioned qualities/camera specs I mentioned earlier.

Mighty ROM just released a new ROM a few weeks ago based on the new Verizon ROM, so until something comes out that knocks my socks off... I am going to continue to try and restrain myself from upgrading 50%, when by this Christmas I'm sure I can make the desired quantum leap in cell phone device upgrade!
I'm actually thinking a little differently. I think the Droid 2 will be able to tide me over for a truly mind-bending phone.

I personally don't see the manufacturers breaking out the big guns until LTE is deployed in more than just the initial 30 markets. I think we'll see a very cool selection of LTE devices next summer/fall.

So, I think I'll pick up a Droid 2 on September 14th, which is my Annual Upgrade date, unless I can convince Verizon to do it earlier. I'll have my 30 day exchange thing to keep an eye on the rumor mill. By late-September, there would definitely have to be an FCC filing of a new device hitting Verizon before the end of the year. In my opinion though, there won't be another keyboard device on the market this fall. I actually think the rumored HTC Scorpion will be a Verizon EVO, which I'm not interested in. The Droid Pro (or whatever you want to call it), who knows when the heck that thing will be out, and what it will even be like. Regardless, we'd still have to see some leaks pretty soon for me to believe it's coming out before 2011.

PS - The TP2 is still going for between $175-$215 on eBay, but that won't be the case when WP7 comes out, and Android keeps gaining strength. That's another part of my thinking.

Last edited by ckeegan; 07-23-2010 at 04:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.