View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 02:29 PM
netarchy
N00b
Threadstarter

netarchy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnetarchy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnetarchy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnetarchy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnetarchy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kernel]netarchy-toastmod, FPS 'fix' for Epson + Nova, with hdmi out - Version 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
looks good. I believe I tested preview 2 of Calks rom with your lastest kernel and was unable to turn on 4g. Obviously mileage varies but was curious if anyone noticed this. I did get very good fps increase with this kernel.

If you install this kernel, and want to revert back, how do you do this?
Also, should you wipe before installing this kernel? cache, dalv, factory reset or all or two? lol.
You might wipe cache/dalvik, but a factory reset is NOT required. A full wipe (factory reset) is generally only necessary when you're changing custom roms, not for kernels.

In regards to the 4g, which kernel revision?

I'm guessing this is gonna end up being something rom related, as 4g works for myself and many many others.

The reason it *could* be rom related is that many custom roms set customizations in the ramdisk included with their default kernels. In those cases, this kernel would have to be repackaged with the ramdisk from the custom rom to be 100% compatible. Most of the time the general population build (read: generic kernel build) works with custom roms, there are inevitably a few where issues crop up (which is also why I make compatible builds available for fresh and damage control at the moment).

Try wiping cache/dalvik-cache, and re-flash the latest revision, and lemme know if you still have issues.
This post has been thanked 4 times.