View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:08 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cook your own Custom Touch ROM

This is just a quick guide on how to cook your own Custom Touch ROM. This kitchen should only be used for those that want cook the "old school" way. If you're a noob looking to cook a rom, I recommend using the Official PPCGeeks Kitchen, which is gui based, and very easy to use.

This is my method, others may have their own method. I am not re-writing a kitchen tutorial, I am merely condensing it into simple steps. If you can follow instructions, you can cook your own ROM. The tricky part is, what do you do when you get an error? That's where the real fun begins, lol. It's trial & error.

All these tools are already out there, I only packaged them for convienience.....Thanks to DogGuy, Lattisimo, No2Chem, jakdillard for making these tools available!

Step 1. Download & extract the Vogue_Kitchen_tools
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OMJ/Kitchens/Vogue_Kitchen_tools.rar

Step 2. Copy you donor .nbh to the root of your kitchen. Run prepit.bat (doubleclick it). This will decompile the rom into OEM/SYS/ROM folders.

Step 3. Copy your OEM's into the OEM folder. Many OEM's can be found here http://ppckitchen.org/packages/PPCGeeks_OEM.rar . You may have to search the forum/FTP to gather the OEM's you want. You can also use the OEM pkg creator to convert your cab to OEM.

Step 4. Run BuildOS, make sure there's a checkmark for each program you want to include in the ROM, then click the green "play" button at the top. It will say done at the bottom when finished. If you don't add any OEM's, there will be nothing to "check" in BuildOS. BuildOS uses the OEM/ROM/SYS folders to create a dump, located in \temp\dump.

Step 5. Run "buildit.bat" (doubleclick it). This will take the dump & convert it to a flashable rom. When complete, your ready to flash ROM will be in the RUU folder, named RUU_signed.nbh.

Step 6. Run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe in the RUU folder, you may want to 1st use the included PagePool changer to set the pagepool higher. I use 32, stock default is 12.

If this is your first attempt to build a rom, start simple. Just to get the feel of it, follow the above steps, but skip step 2 (dont add any OEM's). Run Prepit.bat, BuildOS, buildit.bat, then flash. Next time around, add in your OEM's.

I hope this guide will help anyone that has interest in building their own custom ROM.....good luck

Breaking down the leaked Sprint rom.....

Step 1. Use WinRAR to extract the RUU_Vogue_4350_PPST_SpeciallNBH_SPRINT_WWE_3.02.65 1.2_Radio_435011_3.37.15_AM_NV_SPCS_1.33_0823_Test .exe, this is what it will look like:

Step 2. Copy the largest .nbh to your kitchen, in this case 2.nbh. If you want to break down 2.nbh, use NBHExtract, it will look like this:

You can also use NBHTool which can convert NBH to NB & NB to NBH.

Last edited by OMJ; 05-12-2008 at 07:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 28 times.