View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 10:20 PM
gcianc
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Would you still keep Google Maps app after installing Garmin Mobile XT?

Bing now does turn-by-turn and demolishes Google maps on like-devices. Better for everything. Some of you can't grasp WM devices have 1/2 the RAM and CPU as new Droid devices.

Bing runs great just close up background apps.

Garmin WM is useful since it doesn't need DATA. Also you can download 2009 maps if not newer. It's locked to the card it's installed with but search around for methods to move to a larger card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
IMHO, It's really not worth bothering Garmin. (I have their brand new map, with only NewEngland in the file, and its less than 200MB. PM me if interested)

M$ should be making leaps and bounds with their mobile Bing. For AndroidOS to have a free Nav app like Google Nav... I mean seriously! M$ get it together! How can they justify an app that works like molassas? It's THEIR OS! Write some decent code!
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences