View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 07:18 PM
lllboredlll
VIP Member

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: U.S. Cellular's new National 3G Data Coverage requires ROM upgrade on TP2

Ok I'm gonna add 2 cents only because of how much I know about PRI's from recoding the VZW PRI for the Touch Pro to unlock the gps.

The best way to get the pri and radio is to just simply flash the rom. NOT the extacted file. You need to run it from the packaged executable or you will not get the PRI, just the radio and rom.

I recently updated my PRI on the VZW TP2 via the method razor defined. Now that is the normal practice so I'm not saying I disagree one bit with him but ppst.exe doesnt seem to act right in WM6.5. I ended up with a device that would not authenticate even after relocking and installing the entire update. I was forced to deal with VZW's dreaded customer service.

I pray the normal method works for you guys. Maybe my issues are because Verizon always adds extra junk to screw up what are normally perfectly good devices.

As I said, just my 2 cents. Want everyone aware of what can potentially happen if the PRI doesnt load properly via ppst.exe

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 1 times.