Thread: Never again!
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Miami_Son
Regular 'Geeker

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Never again!

Don't blame the phone. Any issues I've had were with poorly designed software or cabs that weren't specific to my model. With the TP2/Tilt 2 being available in so many carrier formats/WinMo and TF3D/Sense versions and developers being either careless or ignorant in labeling their programs properly as to which models/formats they work on, these kinds of problems are more likely. I had one Taskbar mod that was labeled for both GSM and CDMA phones that wreaked total havoc on my phone to the point I almost had to do a hard reset. Thankfully, I used WinCe Cab Manager to see what was inside the cab so I could remove it. Turned out the CDMA part of the cab installed even on my GSM phone and it wiped out the Taskbar because it was incompatible with the GSM radio (signal strength icons). This kind of thing is why I think the Tilt 2 should not have been lumped in with the TP2, there are some major differences that make stuff that works for one not work with the other. Anyway, good luck on getting your phone back up and running and make sure anything you install is actually for your model.