View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:45 AM
sc00b4s7eve
VIP Member

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Would you still keep Google Maps app after installing Garmin Mobile XT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
SInce some one revived this thread.
Garmin no longer supports the WM platform, to bad, I love Garmin Mobile XT, and I still use it, they told me they stopped supporting because they now have their Garmin phone, but they still support Black Berry, go figure! I am wondering if enough people contacted them requesting that they support WM if they would start again, I just can't imagine a company like Garmin abandoning all of us just to try and sell their phone, which is only available on AT&T, and T Mobile, if they knew how many people use WM, and are not with those two companies I wonder if they might rethink the whole deal.
It appears that SprintNav ie Telenav have started using GoogleMaps as their database, that dissapoints me because where I live there are a LOT of mistakes with Google maps, and when they fix them, they don't really fix them, I have a business, they had the street wrong, and my business on that street, they finily kind of fixed that mistake, I am on 580 East, they had 580 east on the next street over, now they have 580 east where it is supposed to be, and 580 east on the next street over, and my business is still routed to the next street over, just can't imagine that, and there are other streets that are like that all over...that said I do use Google Maps for some things.
Terry
IMHO, It's really not worth bothering Garmin. (I have their brand new map, with only NewEngland in the file, and its less than 200MB. PM me if interested)

M$ should be making leaps and bounds with their mobile Bing. For AndroidOS to have a free Nav app like Google Nav... I mean seriously! M$ get it together! How can they justify an app that works like molassas? It's THEIR OS! Write some decent code!