View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 09:30 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.8 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsm91605 View Post
I want to check with the experts before I brick my phone. I flashed OMJ's 1.3 ROM when I first got my EVO back in June. I've been a little busy since then and haven't had time to update.... I also keep cancelling the OTA updates, so I still don't have those...

Anyhow, now that I have some time, I want to update to the new 1.8 ROM. Should I wipe first, or just flash the 1.7 and then 1.8 ROM's?

If I need to flash the 1.7 first, is it mirrored anywhere? The link in the first page isn't valid anymore. Any help would be appreciated!
I'm hardly an expert but....
If you flash whitslacks ROM it will get you setup with the proper OTA files like OMJ's 1.7 ROM1. The link is in my sig as whitslacks fix for 4G.
You must be nand unlocked to flash whitslacks or OMJ.
If you boot into bootloader check your hboot version at the top of the screeen.
Power off. Hold Vol Down while you power on. That's bootloader.
If hboot says .76.2 you are nand unlocked and good to go. If not you need to do Toast PartII. whitslacks thread will guide you there or you can follow FastRX8's thread from the Section 2 Version 2 step.