View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 11:35 AM
ksuderman
Lurker

ksuderman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data connections run amok

I just checked my usage and two weeks into the billing cycle I've used over 6700 data minutes! Which is totally whacked since *I* have only used 5-10 minutes max. Thank the Lord for SERO and the unlimited data plan...

I am using the HTC Today plugin and the WeatherPanel, but those are set to NOT update automatically. I check the Comm Manager frequently and I never find the phone connected, nor do I see the connection icon on the top of the Today screen. Given that the phone is apparently connected 33% of the time (5 days non-stop out of the last 15) you would think that I would notice when the phone is connected. The phone is also set to play an audio alert when it establishes a data connection so I can't figure out what is going on. Is there some sort of "stealth" application that is able to establish an outgoing connection without the usual notifications?

Also, is there an application/utility I can install that will disconnect the data connection if it is idle for X minutes or when the phone goes into standby mode? I would like to be able to set the WeatherPanel to update automatically every few hours, but WP seems to establish the connection and then never disconnects. I blamed WP for the 4400 minutes I apparently used last month, but I don't think it can be the cause this month.

I am using the stock 2.17 rom with radio version 1.47. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Keith