View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 08:42 PM
razorloves
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: U.S. Cellular's new National 3G Data Coverage requires ROM upgrade on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slochild View Post
OK, a ROM I wanted was released today anyway so this is what I did:
I did the *228 PRL update and it came out as version 17098. Then I ran the full uscc install. The radio went from 2.18.00WV to 2.18.02WV and the PRI went from 1.63_027 to 2.43_027. I then installed the new ROM I wanted and, as expected, nothing vital changed. I did the *228 PRL update again and it went to version 15096 (after a softboot of course).

So, the next test will be to just install the PRI on a stock phone and see if the PRL will change. Failing that, run the radio update too and then try again. Thankfully my wife also has a TP2 that hasn't even been unlocked yet. So, it will be a perfect test subject.

Questions: Will I need to unlock it prior to updating the radio? (since the PRI is just a cab file I'm not thinking it would brick a locked phone, but the radio likely will) I'm trying to figure out how the official upgrade works without unlocking the phones. Lastly, what is a PRI? I understand a PRL, but am not sure what a PRI is.

Okay, as soon as I can I'll try out the stripped down versions of the upgrade and will get back to you.
yes, the phone must be unlocked to flash the radio.
the pri programs the nvram radio settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.