View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 05:48 PM
2 Bunny
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile Re: TOUCHFLOW Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-CS View Post
It's all preference. Sense has more eye candy, but that is subjective, as you may not actually like how Sense looks. I chose to use Sense for the quicklinks, available mods, weather animations on home tab, finger friendliness, and standard interface carried throughout the applications it replaces.

As mentioned before, it simply replaces them with it's own interface. I find that it tends to be more finger friendly in some instances. Take a look at the screenshots I've attached if you want to see what I mean...
I'm pretty sure I have the first screenie, the last one seems very familiar, but the two in the center look like such a waste. I could already do the same thing in half the space, and in the space I have to scroll, I don't have to bring myself down to Toilet paper scrolling - surely there is a way to restore normal scrolling? I've used toilet paper scrolling in Acrobat Reader on Windows for a few minutes and it drives me nuts, and it is no different on my Mobile. I'm sure someone could help you find cabs to fix some of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-CS View Post

It's in the EXT package. For example, in EXT\Diamond\Common\Packages\SIP - EzInput 1.5.32437.0, you'll see \Files, _skip, app.dat, and app.reg

Not all EXT packages have an app.dat or an app.reg, just so you know. In that case, I usually just copy the app.dat or app.reg from another EXT package and modify it.
Oh, thanks, that really clears things up a bit. Now, lets say I've got the Weather extension, and it didn't install because its "app.dat" file was empty. Inside the "files" folder is a single item: "2330fc3c_manila". Would my "App.Dat" file in Notepad look like this?
Code:
Directory("\Windows"):-File("2330fc3c_manila")
Before, the 2330fc3c is in that directory, so I assume this is where the new one belongs.

Thanks

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 07-20-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: NEW QUESTION Reply