View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 02:28 PM
2 Bunny
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Lightbulb TOUCHFLOW Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH-CS View Post
In this case, Manila is referring to the Touchflo3D interface you can enable or disable in the today/home screen. It's made up of all tabs you can slide through (home, sms, music, pictures, weather, and so on). I haven't used it in a while, but from what I remember, that was as far as it went. It was simply an interface to display information, whereupon actually doing anything (composing a SMS, making an appointment, browsing through your phonebook) required you to use the default windows programs.
Isn't that all you would need or even want from a single Today plugin?

Quote:
Sense is a newer version of Manila with some graphical and functional changes. As mentioned before by 2k4mach, it replaces many parts of windows mobile. Some of the things it replaces includes the appointment editor, SMS, battery/backlight, phone info, phonebook (call log included), alarms, world clock... the list goes on.
Why would you want to replace all that stuff? I use editors, SMS box, battery manager, and the phonebook on a regular basis.

Quote:
As for your start menu issue, take a look (open in notepad) at the app.dat file in the EXT package for whatever programs you'd like to move. You'll see something along the lines of:
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("AAA.lnk","\Windows\AAA.lnk")
This copies the shortcut for the program AAA from the \Windows folder to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. In WM 6.1, programs that ended up in the start menu were in \Windows\Start Menu, so all you need to do is add "\Programs" or "\Programs\Games", or whatever folder you want, to that line in the app.dat file, and it will not show up in your start menu. The reverse is also true (just get rid of the \Programs part and they'll end up in the start menu)

Hope this helps : )
Maybe this is a dumb question, but where exactly in the kitchen would I look for the APP.DAT file? Or is that accompanying the apps themselves (individual "APP.DAT" file for each)?

- 2 Bunny