FH-CS
Lurker

FH-CS is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: KITCHEN Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post

Really? So its like malware, only in the form of a screen plugin? What does it do to Windows Mobile, exactly? And are you confusing "Manila" with "Manilla"? Big difference, and one I know for sure even as a bit of a newbie: One is in a kitchen or CAB, and one is a flavor or color.

Also, if anyone has any hints on that EXT thing for the start menu, that would be fantastic.

- 2 Bunny

In this case, Manila is referring to the Touchflo3D interface you can enable or disable in the today/home screen. It's made up of all tabs you can slide through (home, sms, music, pictures, weather, and so on). I haven't used it in a while, but from what I remember, that was as far as it went. It was simply an interface to display information, whereupon actually doing anything (composing a SMS, making an appointment, browsing through your phonebook) required you to use the default windows programs.

Sense is a newer version of Manila with some graphical and functional changes. As mentioned before by 2k4mach, it replaces many parts of windows mobile. Some of the things it replaces includes the appointment editor, SMS, battery/backlight, phone info, phonebook (call log included), alarms, world clock... the list goes on. While I know it's not exactly what we're comparing here, this post on XDA gives a good comparison of sense 2.1 vs 2.5, which might give you an idea about some of the differences between Sense and Manila http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...48&postcount=6

As for your start menu issue, take a look (open in notepad) at the app.dat file in the EXT package for whatever programs you'd like to move. You'll see something along the lines of:
Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("AAA.lnk","\Windows\AAA.lnk")
This copies the shortcut for the program AAA from the \Windows folder to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. In WM 6.1, programs that ended up in the start menu were in \Windows\Start Menu, so all you need to do is add "\Programs" or "\Programs\Games", or whatever folder you want, to that line in the app.dat file, and it will not show up in your start menu. The reverse is also true (just get rid of the \Programs part and they'll end up in the start menu)

Hope this helps : )