View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 12:26 PM
mcotter313
Lurker

mcotter313 is keeping up the good workmcotter313 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |WWE|Herman|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 14| 21911|23569 - Sense 2.1 /2.5 / MaxSe

Well as much as I love the new features that Sense 2.5 and CHT offer I think I'm gonna have to switch back to the tried and true MightyRom.

After flashing the June 27 21907.Sense2.5.Cookie.DinikGlass ROM and realizing it was almost unusable due to the crashes and hiccups I switch backed to MightyROM 6.20.09 ROM and it ran flawlessly for almost 2 weeks. Against my better judgment I flashed NRG's newest version of 21911.Sense2.5.Cookie.DinikGlass last night and had about 2 crashes and 2 instances of the phone locking up after sitting idle within 12 hours. I also had problems just using the phone, when I would be using a program such as CHT editor, setting up activesync, or just adjusting settings, the phone would often vibrate and then immediately return to the home screen. This became very annoying and persisted after several soft resets and one hard reset.

I've come to the conclusion that our phones simply will never run the newest software/features as smoothly as I would like them too and since I use my phone for professional as well as personal use I simply can't afford having it lock up and potentially causing me to miss important calls. So I've decided to switch back to MightyROM until I'm eligible for an upgrade to the Evo.

So thanks NRG for everything you've done, your ROMs have been amazing and I know everyone appreciates that you've continued cooking for the TP after most chefs had left. I simply think our poor little TPs can't handle the newest features. And if you ever starting cooking for the Evo I'd gladly try your ROMs .