View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 10:38 AM
jerryyyyy
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7 Detailed Review: Should I just Go Android Now?

I have to admit I have not tried Andoid, and I understand its limitations. What I want is a simple way to move contacts, appointments and podcasts (music) back and forth between phone and PC. AS and and WMP are a nightmare, but one in which I have been stuck for years due to my work environment.

Reading between the lines, what I think MS is going to do is try to force you to use their Mesh/live Sync/Sky Drive:

http://www.winsupersite.com/live/sync.asp

If you have used their sky applications, which I have, you will see the continuing evolution of procedures, standards and application so you have little idea of what is going on.

This is not what I want... you hate Android... try MSs version. I do not want my stuff up in the cloud somewhere in the hands of Google or MS. But if this is the new way to synch contacts, I am going to buy 7 TP2s and keep them for a decade even if I have to use AS.

BTW, just think of any personal notes you have in the notes fields of your Outlook contacts....

Frustrated and Ranting in California.