View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 10:00 AM
aximtreo
PPCGeeks Regular

aximtreo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7 Detailed Review: Should I just Go Android Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Paul Thurrott does the TWIT Windows Weekly podcast and know more about Windows than most has produced a quick detailed review:

http://www.winsupersite.com/mobile/wp7_handson.asp

I have to say that reading this review about the poor integration of Office and the need to run Zune on my PC makes me want to drop Windows Mobile sooner rather than later and learn to love Android.

I am very familiar with Windows IDs and their version of the Cloud, and this is what they are pushing, but it pales in comparison to Google's and if I can't get basic compatibility with Office, why bother. I don't think I'll stick with Windows Mobile 6.5 for very long without anything on the horizon....
I haven't read the article nor the rest of this thread but had to comment on your comment regarding WM7 integration of Office made me laugh. I've been on Droid since last November and if you want poor Office integration, try Android. I can't sync Outlook without having to go through transferring all calendars or contacts into Google and then have it sync with my Droid. That means that all my data is on the google cloud server; potential security risk there. The other way is to buy a third party program costing upwards of $40 and it doesn't do a very good sync job at all. Did I mention that you also have to have a program other than Mobile Office to use Word, Excel or PP.

So becareful of what you wish for. I'm sticking with my Droid until I see what MS offers in the WM7 but you can bet that whatever it is will be a more easy and seamless approach when using other MS programs which millions of us do and have done for years. Comfort factor will become a major selling point in the next few months.