View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:43 AM
JClishe
PPCGeeks Regular

JClishe is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jul 17| 21911|23673 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSens

I recently upgraded from the April 23 Titanium build 23563 to Jul 14 Titanium build 23569. Just thought I would provide some quick thoughts, since there doesn't seem to be much discussion here about the Titanium builds:

* Jul 14 is MUCH faster. The speed improvement is very noticeable, but probably moreso for me since I'm coming from a ROM that's 2.5 months old so there have been a lot of speed improvements
* The battery indicator seems to be stuck on whatever power source is used when the phone reboots. For example, if I reboot while on AC power, the battery indicator will always indicate AC power, even when its on battery. However, if I reboot while on battery, the indicator will stay on battery even after I plug it in
* The random lockups that I experienced on the April 23 build have gotten *slightly* better. I was having to pull the battery 2-3 times per day due to lockups, but with Jul 14 I'm down to roughly once per day, and maybe even no lockups at all on a good day.
* The July 14 build has Opera 9.7. I can't remember which version of Opera was on the April 23 build, but I liked that version better.

Honestly, with the exception of the speed improvements, there really isn't a whole lot of difference. The phone may be slightly more stable on the Jul 14 build, but that's about it. I'm still longing for a bare bones vanilla 23xxx build with absolutely no customizations whatsoever, but I doubt I'll ever see that.