View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:31 AM
TripleAgent
PPCGeeks Regular

TripleAgent is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7 Detailed Review: Should I just Go Android Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayznfuz View Post
What do you mean? The keyboard slider is one of the form factors that WP 7 allows.

The interface doesn't bother me too much. I still haven't read anywhere about how rigid they are with the tiles. If they can be skinned (ie their photo gallery tile or the xbox tile), that opens up a lot of possibilities for customizaiton.

Anyway, I'm also on the fence about WP7, but more because of the walled garden concept. But, I'm willing to wait and see how "walled" it really is. If MS decideds to go all gestapo on rooted phones ala Apple, I'll pass. If this is a walled garden in name only, I'll probably bite.
Maybe I'm on old info, I read somewhere they have no support/plans for hardware keyboards in the spec. Also, I don't care how much they promise, thanks to Android, I don't have to give up copy/paste, multitasking and other things, even if they "will eventually be added". That sounds like doubletalk for "maybe if we feel like it". I feel like their thought process was totally wrong on designing this. It's like they want to be Apple so bad, they dumped the best parts of what they already had.