View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 09:25 AM
dayznfuz
Lurker

dayznfuz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7 Detailed Review: Should I just Go Android Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleAgent View Post
Yeah, pretty much my sentiment. Office looks lame, they have zero plans to offer anything with a keyboard, and I don't want to use their software to transfer files, especially since I know I won't buy anything from it. I'm going to Android as soon as the Epic releases. I've kinda promised myself to give WP7 a shot, but it doesn't sound like what I want: WM 6.5 done well without gestapo interface and DRM restrictions and intrusive software. Android (rooted most likely) seems like the far and away choice for power users.
What do you mean? The keyboard slider is one of the form factors that WP 7 allows.

The interface doesn't bother me too much. I still haven't read anywhere about how rigid they are with the tiles. If they can be skinned (ie their photo gallery tile or the xbox tile), that opens up a lot of possibilities for customizaiton.

Anyway, I'm also on the fence about WP7, but more because of the walled garden concept. But, I'm willing to wait and see how "walled" it really is. If MS decideds to go all gestapo on rooted phones ala Apple, I'll pass. If this is a walled garden in name only, I'll probably bite.