View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 03:21 PM
slochild
PPCGeeks Regular

slochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslochild is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post U.S. Cellular's new National 3G Data Coverage requires ROM upgrade on TP2

U.S. Cellular (aka uscc, usc) enabled National 3G Data Coverage capability on July 16 for all postpaid data capable handsets (National 3G on Wireless Modems will launch at a later date).
  • Starting on July 16, a new PRL for National 3G Data coverage will be available on the OTA Platform for customers to download.
  • The HTC Touch Pro II (PPC 6875) and the HTC Snap (PPC 6175) require a software upgrade in order for the new 3G Data Roaming PRL to be downloaded. The software upgrade files are available at www.uscellular.com/htcupdate. Upon completion of the download, customers will need to perform a *228 to receive the most current national 3G Data Coverage PRL.

Data for the latest software version is shown below

HTC Touch Pro II

ROM version: 2.01.573.3
Radio version: 2.18.02WV

PRI version: 2.43
If your software version information does not match then you will need the update before the 3G Data Roaming PRL can be downloaded.

OK - Now for my questions: How can I get the new radio, etc., into my phone and still be able to use my ROM of choice? Is it possible to rip the info out of this new official ROM and "inject" it into another prebuilt ROM, or does the whole thing have to be recooked? Also, looking at the info that is supposed to be checked prior to being able to update to the nationwide prl: I know that the ROM version is just the name of the new one, and I see that the radio has been upgraded from 2.18.00WV to 2.18.02WV, but the PRI being upgraded from 1.63_027 to 2.43 has me at a bit of a loss. I guess what I'm asking is "what is a pri (not prl) and is the upgrade required for this new nation wide roaming to work?"

In short - HELP!

Thanks

Last edited by slochild; 07-19-2010 at 03:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.