View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 03:02 PM
FastRX8
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by drurc8 View Post
Hello FastRX8

I wonder how do you unlock NAND? I believe I did root my evo and was able to flash many roms but I couldn't flash CM6 rom because of sdcard error and I was advised toi unlock NAND or do engineering the bootloader. How do I do that? Please help
You should start over.
Download the newest RUU from here - http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supersonic/
Then use the SimpleRoot method to root and unlock everything here -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720565

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepeesea View Post
i'm sure this has been asked but i cant find it when i search...
so i have already done this whole process and flashed to a custom ROM
what step can i start at if i just want to upgrade to a newer ROM ie. Damage control ROM?
Some roms are flashed using the PC36IMG.zip file. For those, you just place the file on your sdcard and power off the phone then hold volume down while you power the phone back on.
It will read the PC36IMG.zip file and ask you if you want to update.

Others are just zip files. For example, I just installed the new Cyanogenmod Froyo rom. It was called "cm_supersonic-07192010-045042.zip"
Put the zip on your sdcard and then follow the steps from post #1 starting at
2L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mremy007 View Post
Is rooting possible after the update? I really would like to root my evo but I already updated. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Yes, either the steps I describe in Section 5 of the 1st post or use SimpleRoot.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
If I install the "rooted version of the Sprint Rom", is it completely stable? Everything works? Can I do the free WiFi tether (or wired tether, doesn't matter)?
Everything is stable. The only thing is that I don't believe there is a Superuser Permissions icon. Without the icon, some superuser apps won't work.
You should root the phone and install a custom rom that is very close to Sprint's if that's what you like. Many of the custom roms are very stable and everything works.