View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 11:16 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.8 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Ok, I've decided to take the plunge and try to do PART 2... And of course, I hit a snag right away. Ok.. my issue is in the adb shell.. How do I input the info. Totally noob question but...
adb shell
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
I tried input each line and pressing enter. That gave me file folder not found.
Then I tried CAT (enter) and then the lines and that appeared to work. However I'm supposed to get each line repeated back to me 1 time. I got them 2 times each..?? Well, since it looked like it worked. I tried TOAST II pc36img.zip... Well, it appeared as it was working but then after reading the file I got and error:

Main Version is Older!
Update Fail!
Do you want to reboot device?

Lets see if I can even reboot now...

Am I missing something? My command prompt does show # and not $ like tutorials show, could that be the problem. If so, how do I get back to the $ prompt?
Well the LAST error is most likely due to the fact that the mtd-eng step did not work.
Not sure on the first error. Run it again and make sure that you are typing the code exactly as it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck12 View Post
so i would have to replace the PC36IMG.zip with the 1.7 one?
WHAT PC36IMG file? Once you are finished with the rooting process you should rename or remove those files. So if you still had that on your card then yes, replace that one with the OMJ ROM 1 file.