View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 10:39 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.8 | Eclair | *Updated | 7/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck12 View Post
I am running on 1.4 and I am trying to put a new one in do i install 1.7 first then 1.8? I also forgot how to install new roms can someone help me out
Yes, you need to do 1.7 ROM1 first (make sure you are "fully" rooted-verify when you boot into bootloader that your hboot version is .76.2)
After that you can go to 1.8.
Read FASTRX8's Tutorial in my sig for a refresher on flashing ROM's
But 1.7 ROM1 is NOT flashed like a normal ROM. You need to place the file on your the root of your SD card named PC36IMG.zip (it's downloaded that way)
Double check the instructions here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1193

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
So what is a deodexed ROM? What is the advantage to flashing it over a normal ROM?

I'm just trying to determine if it's worth me flashing and setting up again or if it's something I won't see any advantage to anyway...

1.7 is running pretty nice for me but I'm always game to improve things...
Well OMJ installed apps2sd in 1.8 (untested) but it recommended that we use a Class 6 card.
deodexing allows themes to be applied more easily. Ive read it can cause stability issues. Just got on 1.8D myself but so far so good.
If you arent interested in themes or apps2sd stay where you are, otherwise jump to 1.8. Read post #2 about flashing your data.img post flash. SO easy to get back all your settings and data.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-18-2010 at 10:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.