View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 08:59 PM
ChrisM510
N00b

ChrisM510 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 17| 21911|23569|23673 * Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebb View Post
July 17 cookie dinik 23673 is excellent. Not only quick, but device runs cooler and battery life is better.

Also something I've learned the hard way the past few days- if you're having problems with XDA_UC, settings import, or just slow sense loads and SODs after flashing, put your memory card in a card reader on your PC, delete the old Application Data folder, and run scandisk and defrag on your memory card prior to flashing. I did this on a year old card and everything runs much much better. Setup is much faster, as are resets, music, email attachments, etc.
Ummm...defragging is a bit bad for a flash-based card. A better way to achieve the same thing is to: 1) Copy off everything on your card to a folder on your PC hard drive, 2) format your card, 3) copy everything from the folder in step #1 back to your card. This will help minimize the number of writes to the flash card, and I have found, is much faster than a defrag. (just trying to help, hope I don't sound like a know-it-all jerk)
This post has been thanked 4 times.