View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 11:36 AM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tether/Wifi on TP2 cap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoStick View Post
Just had a quick question about tethering on the TP2. I've been using HTC Wifi Router on my stock WM 6.5 as an internet connection due to a move and I'm up to about 6gb of data usage so far. I'm wondering if that's okay since there's the supposed 5gb "cap" on data usage per month. Also, is there any registry edits/cloaking I need to do to hide the tethering? I've searched around and it seems like that's only relevant for the stock internet sharing method for tethering, but I was wondering if I need to do it with the HTC Wifi Router. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I agree with post 2, but search for stories.. there are a few out there of Sprint customers getting cut off, don't come back here in a couple months blaming us. I usually stay around 5gb, just the way it works out.

Points of clarification:
1. Using wifi router & most tethering build into custom ROMs are already 'cloaked'/"hide tethering", so no you have to do nothing.
2. If you try to usb tether a stock ROM (using standard method) it will not let you, since you're not paying for PAM (phone as modem).

re. HTC Wifi Router: Using a stock ROM? Regardless... use the search function this must have been answered 100 times.

*edit*
Using the search function (i also check "show posts") you'd have found this thread by our famous mod...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96739
An non issue if you're using a cooked ROM or with Sprint.

Last edited by teradog; 07-18-2010 at 02:24 PM.