View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 09:23 AM
ckeegan
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To Droid 2, or not to Droid 2; that is the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidebabyslide View Post
I have had my tp 2 since last year. Im on my 10th and speaker keeps blowing and other problems with cheap HTC plastic. I did my ne2 this week. I wanted the incredible people said its a solid phone. I used it for 2 days speaker blow. They asked me if I would try the moto droid and I'm in love with the phone. I will be getting the droid 2 , when it comes out. Moto droid is made super solid and does not feel cheap. It feels like a benz and htc now feels like hyundai.
I seriously doubt you're on your 10th Touch Pro2, especially considering the fact that you said you were on your 4th about a month ago in another thread. First of all, Verizon has a 3 strike rule, on the 4th replacement request, they almost always automatically offer a different model. From my personal experience though, the Touch Pro2 is the 4th HTC device I have owned over 6 years. I have literally only had to request a replacement device 3 times over that 6 years, but not once yet for my TP2, which I got on launch day. I have dropped my Touch Pro2 on a hard surface at least 5 times, from no less than 3 feet, and it's still running like a champ, and barely even has a cosmetic flaw.

Did you use your NE2 on a different line this week, because your Touch Pro2 line wouldn't even be eligible for another 10 months (assuming you got it on launch day)? How did you get an Incredible, since they've been backordered for how long now, and aren't expected to replenish for another 2.5 weeks?

Sorry to get off track, but I'm the OP, and I do not want future readers to get the impression that HTC handsets are crap, which is far from the truth. I am still seriously considering the Droid2, and will probably go that route due to my yearning to switch to Android. However, I can easily see myself going with something HTC (via Annual Upgrade) 12 months later. I have always loved HTC, but their lack of options right now gives me no choice.

Last edited by ckeegan; 07-18-2010 at 09:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.