View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 04:00 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdey View Post
Right after I type the "cd /data/data/com.androi....." command. When I hit enter (after I refresh the internet browser on my phone) I get "cd: bad substitution". From the instructions I gather I should be getting a code beginning with a "B" or something to that effect.
Well while I have gone through the pre- and post- OTA root methods I did not encounter the dreaded 5M/N error.
I searched the thread that the fix is from and got zero results on "cd: bad substituiton".
Check the exact post/thread if you haven't and see if anything jumps out at you:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=234

So you type all this out:
cd /data/data/com.android.browser/flashlite
mv sharedobjects sharedobjects-
ln -s /data/app-cache/com.android.browser/ sharedobjects
cd /app-cache/com.android.browser
ls

And it doesnt generate the correct directory? You should only be trying to refresh the browser page and then run just the ls code again if you dont get the deisred result.
It does say if you dont get the correct result to basically try again. I'm sure you have.
Sorry that's all I got. Fast has gone through that error, he may be able to shed some light.