View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 09:26 PM
2 Bunny
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile Re: KITCHEN RECIPE Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
6.1 is not superior to 6.5.
Wait, are you trying to imply that 6.5 is better than 6.1?

Anyway, beside our silly Windows Mobile arguments, I have a few kitchen questions of my own for the experienced Chefs on the board to answer:

1. I have a few apps that were converted from their native CAB format into a kitchen folder using the "CAB2OEM" technique, but by default, they like to insert themselves into the root of the start menu (where there is no space) instead of the "programs" folder. Is there any way to customize this, or am I at the mercy of the original author? I also have some apps that do this the other way around as well. I would like to have an Opera Mobile and PIE shortcut in both the start menu and the programs menu, and I don't have too much of a problem going back and fixing it in my own, but the people who download the ROM in the thread might not like to have to constantly have to move stuff around. Some people don't read my release page and it might come across as "I think these apps are more important than all the rest and I wanna shove them at your face", at least it would to me (only I usually try to read all the notes and bugs and stuff) anyway.

2. Windows Live messenger seems to be having issues. "...cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found..." it says in the error box. At first I thought that maybe it just put the shortcut in and not the app, but after checking, the EXE file was still there in the "Windows" folder, so it might be something else. I know that right next to its option in the kitchen was a "Windows Live" button. Did that have to be selected for "Windows Live Messenger" to work?

3. Is there any place to get a file for the "Quietly Brilliant" startup that has the Black Background without the icky "Windows Phone" thing at the end? I've looked for about an hour, and I struggled to find the white one (I had to make my own "welcomehead" PNG file).

Thanks for helping me out with the kitchens, I look forward to releasing updates to my ROM ☺.

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 07-16-2010 at 10:11 PM.